I (Michelle) will be returning to Balan September 10-14 with my dear friend Lori Lee to help get things set up for the upcoming school year that will begin on October 4th.
This past school year the Salvation Army School had 104 students enrolled and we are planning to have 235 students enrolled for the upcoming year. Additional changes will be new texts books, new desks, new supplies, adding an English Class, adding Bible Class…and providing a meal for the students Monday through Friday!
We still have some sponsorships available if you would like to sponsor one of the 235 students for only $10 USD per month. Go to our “Donations” Link for more information on how to sponsor and what your sponsorship will include.
The purpose of my return trip is to accomplish the following:
- I will be taking pictures and gathering information on each of the 235 students available for sponsorship so that you can personally select the child you will be sponsoring.
- I will be working with the team in Balan to select the additional 131 students who will get to attend school because of your sponsorship.
- We will be purchasing new books and supplies for the school.
- We will be purchasing serving and cooking dishes for the food.
- We will be purchasing material to distribute for the uniforms.
- I will be working on options to get new desks made for the school.
- And of course my favorite part I will be loving on these precious children and hopefully learning a few new Creole words.
We are still raising support for the additional purchases we will be making outside of the monthly sponsorship. Information on how to give can be found at our “Donations” Link.
Thanks for being apart of what God is doing in Balan.
by Michelle Pitman